Saturday, May 2, 2009

Heartless

That's what I am. Whenever those precious little children park themselves outside of Wal-Mart or any store for that matter and try to sell me things, I totally dodge them. I try to go in a different door, I avoid eye contact, but my best trick, is faking a phone call. I know, I know, this is how heartless I am. It's terrible. But I can't bear to say no to them. That and the last thing I need is a pack of cookies.

If this is a common problem for you, I highly recommend this tactic. It's quite simple. You just pick up your phone and start talking, having a one-sided conversation. Just pray that the phone doesn't start ringing as you are "talking" on it. Then you're totally busted and you'll have to buy the whole lot of cookies, or toys, or whatever.

I do my part for mankind. And maybe I'm not heartless after all. Maybe I'm being kind by avoiding having to break their little hearts by telling them no. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment